[clug] [OT] 'Technical Debt' in Infrastructure, now entering mainstream media

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Thu Nov 7 02:51:07 UTC 2019

It would appear that the root cause of this technical debt is down to
the socio-economic system. I suggest that we avoid such topics in this
group.

However, when designing a system it might be prudent to include plans
for maintenance, upgrades, and eventual replacement. Obviously the
exact details cannot be known in advance, but you can advise things
like the size of the maintenance team, for example.

Brenton