[clug] Cleaning out - Xserve G4 / SunFire V120

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Sat Nov 2 06:14:45 UTC 2019

Oh man, I loved Apple's wee short-lived foray into the rack server space.
We bought some at the National Archives when we were exploring the early
days of Digital Preservation and I was quite saddened to see them drop the
idea.

I'll never forget firing up an Xserve-RAID on my desk in the middle of a
typical Public Service desk farm and sharing its fan noise with my
colleagues. :)

None of which is to say that I have room in my eWaste pile for even more
eWaste (sigh). I'll just get on with working on the G4's Great-Grandchild,
the POWER9 workstation I'm fettling.

--
MC