[clug] March 2019 CLUG Meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Mar 24 13:03:05 UTC 2019

  Canberra Linux Users Group - March 2019

 Date:          28th March 2019 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

 Time:         18:00 - end

 Abstract:     It's BeerSIG time!
               'What's BeerSIG?' I hear you ask! BeerSIG is a social
               gathering, and an opportunity to get together with
               like minded people and share a social pint.

               This month we're going to try Badger & Co, the new pub
               in the Kambri precint, otherwise known as the old Union
               Court. Be aware, the pub is cashless, and only takes
               Payment via debit or credit cards.

 Location:     Badger and Co
	       On the right as you cross the bridge into Union court
	       Look for the table with a stuffed toy penguin

 Time:         19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

 Title:	       Wacom & MyPaint - Creating artwork with opensource tools
	       Bryan Kilgallin

 Abstract:     Bryan will be taking us through how he uses opensource tools
               to create artworks. The talk will be necessarily fast-paced to
               enable him to fit all in.

 Venue:        Room N101
               Computer Science and Information Technology Building
               North drop
               The Australian National University

               See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

 Food/drink:   Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
               about $6-$7 to cover the cost of your share if you
               want some. Depending on the weather we might walk up
               to Lena Karmel lodge, or we might send a volunteer out

 April Meeting - 25th April 2019 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

 This meeting falls on Anzac day, just after Easter. As a lot of people
 may very likely be heading away, there is no meeting planned at this point.