[clug] Private Browsing?

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 24 07:30:26 UTC 2019

Eyal:

>> I had not
>> heard about Ghostery.
>
> I used it in the past, then there was a discussion about it sending data to
> the 'net with a recommendation to not use it so I disabled it since.

Its privacy policy says this.

{e. Transmission to government authorities

We send personal information to government authorities (including law
enforcement agencies) when required to fulfil a legal obligation to
which we are subject (legal basis: Art. 6, subs. 1 c), GDPR) or when it
is necessary for the assertion, exercise
or defense of legal claims (legal basis: Art. 6, subs. 1 f), GDPR).}

https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/ghosterys-website-privacy-policy/

I hate advertisers more than I hate spooks!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/