[clug] copy/paste of commands, tabs & bash's $'\t'. Any better solutions?

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Jun 18 23:34:35 UTC 2019

Brenton,

great piece of research - definitive answer on copy/paste buffers.
 - xclip and the internal formats (UTF8_STRING) is stuff I didn’t know.

Thanks very much for your useful response. Not just for me, but others that don’t yet know they have the question.
I imagine ppl in the future searching and finding your nice test & explanation - it’s not just list subscribers that will read posts.

cheers
steve

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design