[clug] thunderbird displayed "From"

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Jun 14 08:06:44 UTC 2019

Recently (I forget how long) I noticed that in thunderbird, the From item in the mail item panel
as well as in the folder column is showing "list CLUG" rather than the senders name.

Since many people do not include their name in a sig (or a final salutation) I do not know who
the person really is. For example, a thread today comes from Steve Jenkin who has a clear sig,
and a reply then comes which I cannot see the sender. The headers clearly include
	From: Keith Goggin via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
and the quote in the reply starts with