[clug] The Tale of The Very Dead Ubuntu box

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 09:44:52 UTC 2019

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 at 19:41, Bryan Kilgallin via linux <
linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Stephen:
>
> > It was used by our client, both in-country & overseas.
> > It was not backed up, except for an occasional DB dump
> > The source code for the website it ran wasn’t backed up either, as far as
> > anyone knew.
> > It wasn’t documented anywhere.
>
> Did the client learn anything from this experience?

Words Have Been Said, and it looks like that app will be re-hosted on a
platform we'll be supporting. The client is rather large, and as a result,
there's lots of little systems hidden away in corners that they've become
dependent upon.

> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/
>
> --

  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn
  Those to whom evil is done
  Do evil in return"		W.H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"