[clug] Using an RPi3 to drive a scanner

Brians brians at en.com.au
Mon Jun 3 19:12:21 UTC 2019

Simon,

I have used the USB powered Canon LIDE 20 & LIDE 35 scanners directly
off a raspberrypi (3B & 3B+) for a couple of years, no USB hub.

The LIDE 20 says 5V @500mA on the label. The LIDE 35 is in the U3A
office, probably the same.

Both work well with "simple scan" that comes with Ubuntu Mate for
raspberrypi or

install on raspberrian.

sudo apt-get install simple-scan

I now use the standard raspberrypi powersupply currently 2.5A but I
think it worked OK with the 2A powersupply on the 3B.

Brian