[clug] Linux Resources

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun Jul 28 12:48:26 UTC 2019

Thank you,  to those who have contributed to the discussion on "Linux Learning Resources" (LLR).

If anyone else feels like contributing, particularly if you think something has been missed, please do.

They say you learn something new every day.

Well not maybe every day for me, but this weekend I learned that M.2 SSD drives have B key, B + M Key, and M key connectors.

Sadly my Simplecom adapter is only a B key, so off I go hunting the shops for a M key adapter to recover data from a failed computer.

I had not realised how fast the NVMe PCIe M.2 M Key SSDs were. Quite impressive.

Sequential Read Speed: Up to 3,200 MB/sec
Sequential Write Speed Up to 1,800 MB/sec

George.

https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=23716
Capacity: 500GB