[clug] Linux Resources

Lindsay Steele lgsteele at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 00:17:42 UTC 2019

> Just a general question about learning resources.  What Linux learning
resources do you find useful?

I think the best way is to set a challenge to achieve to the level that you
feel suits you.

If you are looking at it as a career, then a challenge of a certification
goes down well but if it is at home then it could be something like the
challenge of setting a a number of docker containers .. .or whatever
project you think you might find useful.

Courses can be good to push you out of your comfort zone and learn things
you might not otherwise venture into,  sites like stack exchange can help
with project issues along the way.

You already mentioned some good courses but the Linux Foundation has a
number of good resources.

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/resources/?_sft_content_type=free-course

Coursera (and EDX etc) have a bunch of free courses:
https://www.coursera.org/learn/quantum-computing-algorithms

And then there is also the very reasonably priced Udemy courses.

https://www.udemy.com/qc101-introduction-to-quantum-computing-quantum-physics-for-beginners/

But .. in the end find a challenge, then work out what the best way to
learn to achieve that challenge and go from there.

Cheers,

Lindsay