[clug] Fwd: July tech talks

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Wed Jul 17 08:11:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 05:52:05PM +1000, Michael Still via linux wrote:
> I don't have a problem with cross posting, but I should emphasise the
> shortness and vagueness of my talk if you're thinking that I'm providing
> deep and competently presented python material.

Indeed, Bob is talking about some fun things in his junkcode directory,
Michael will be talking about this python thing for a few minutes.

So maybe we have 20 or 25 minutes of interesting content lined up, hopefully
a few other people are inspired to talk about some junkcode they have
written to solve a special thing?

https://download.samba.org/pub/pub/tridge/talks/junkcode.pdf

This is the explanation of Junkcode we are getting in to

This was a talk by Tridge at linux.conf.au 2004 in Adelaide

Tridg'e junk code directory is full of stuff too (obviously)

https://www.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/junkcode/

Other clug types have their junkcode online if you want a look around

tpot for example

https://github.com/tpot/junkcode

So not indepth

Also as Michael points out small volunteer talks we should not be expecting
huge tutorials or conference level presentaitons every month (or at all
really) deal with it.

Steve