[clug] Bryan's behaviour

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 3 07:52:55 UTC 2019

Bob wrote:

> Going way off-topic, I have a friend who is diagnosed with Aspergers
> who used to live in NSW.

I have a friend with epilepsy. He had a seizure in a pub. Upon seeing
him lying on the floor twitching--the management decreed he must never
darken their door again!

> Certainly, doing a search on the ACT Health website for Aspergers
> turns up no hits (there are some for "autism").

The former term is outdated. Nowadays it's called Autism Spectrum
Disorder (ASD).

> Thanks for coming along and participating in CLUG meetings even if
> you are struggling with us socially. You manage it very well.

The Canberra Hospital ran a Psychological Medicine course for med
students. That employed mental health consumers as tutors. On the
grounds that we had lived experience. But its form demanded that we
assure them a term in advance, that we wouldn't be symptomatic!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/