[clug] July talk - junkcode tours (technical)

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 3 04:34:00 UTC 2019

On 3/7/19 1:20 pm, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> What is the interest in a series of short talks ala "a tour through my
> junk code directory"  (cf -
> https://download.samba.org/pub/pub/tridge/talks/junkcode.pdf) for the
> July Meeting?
>
> We've all written snippets to learn new library functions, track down a
> bug, improve our understanding of a feature or language, so who else
> feels like baring their soul^WJunkcode directory to the world in the
> interests of...something..
>
> I've got one speaker who is interested, but who feels he can't fill the
> whole night. Intent would be for these to be technical in nature, and
> would be on a variety of topics, focusing more on the problem and the
> way it was approached and addressed.
>
> regards

I might be the one speaker, so +1 for me.

Do we need to point out that it will be Technical?
(although I suspect it will be educational for those who actually
want to hear from other people about how they approach programming
problems. Those who are afraid of learning technical stuff from others
might be well advised to find something else to do that evening).

cheers,
Bob Edwards.