[clug] PHP fileperms()

Jamie Reid jamie at jre.id.au
Wed Jan 30 07:43:33 UTC 2019

Hi Bryan,

>From the documentation[1]: "Returns the file's permissions as a numeric
mode.
Lower bits of this mode are the same as the permissions expected by chmod(),
however on most platforms the return value will also include information on
the
type of file given as filename."

It's probably going to be most useful to you to format the lower four bits
of
this output into an octal representation -- something that looks like 0755.

An example from the documentation shows how to do this:

    echo substr(sprintf('%o', fileperms('/tmp')), -4);

There are likely more efficient/others ways to achieve the same lower in
the page
but the above seems the easiest to understand.

HTH,
Jamie

[1]: http://php.net/manual/en/function.fileperms.php