[clug] UEFI BOOTING?

rodney peters rodneyp at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 22 20:35:57 UTC 2019

On 1/22/19 9:54 PM, Peter Ellis via linux wrote:
>> Maybe I asked before. Can I or HOW can I boot past UEFI, say with a USB2
>> or 3 drive? I've not found any advice that looks positive. (I now have an
>> effectively dead elcheapo device that I'd like to recover docs from if I
>> can get in with a recovery USB.

The most prevalent practice is to press F12 during POST stage. The exact
timing during POST can be finicky with some devices - so keep
CTL-ALT-DEL ing and pressing F12 immediately after the manufacturer's
logo until the boot menu pops up.

I do have one obscure mainboard where F12 is a no-no, that changes core
freq and ESC produces the boot menu.

Rod