[clug] Server-side scripting

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Wed Jan 16 13:01:08 UTC 2019

Brian,

It sure is hot tonight in Tuggeranong.

Were you able to work out what were the HTML errors?

Here is my take on what actually caused the HTML errors to be
reported. Can anyone confirm my reasoning, and tell me where my
reasoning is incorrect, please?

There is a single "

tag. According to  https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_ul.asp the "

" should be directly followed by a "
	* ", which it is not, nor is the a "

" ending tag.

        Subscribe to linux by filling out the following
          form.
      You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
            prevent others from gratuitously subscribing
you. This is a private list, which means that the
            list of members is not available to
non-members.

          		Your email address:

I do not know why "{Line 159, Column 31: document type does not allow
element "TABLE" here...", but I suspect that tables are not allowed
within "" tags. I assume the errors on lines 162, 162, and 163 are
also due to being within the "" tags?

Is anyone able confirm why this error message is given? I have not
tried to recreate the error, which is one way to check.

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_address.asp

    		version 2.1.23 [5]

    		 [6]

    		 [7]