[clug] Off topic: Fastboot experience on Ubuntu

jhock at iinet.net.au jhock at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 26 01:08:06 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm sick of the MIUI android distribution on my Xiaomi pocophone F1. It keeps asking for permission to download my data but my privacy is important to me so I thought I'd give Lineage OS a go. The trouble is I need to backup and unlock my phone.

I've used ADB to make an entire backup of my phone but I don't know if I can make a full recovery of that backup if I load another distribution. I need to next unlock my phone. Fastboot looks like a good candidate to do this.

Has anyone successfully used Fastboot on their Ubuntu OS? I'm running Ubuntu 18.04. Any experience in loading Lineage OS onto their smartphone would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any helpful reply.

John.