[clug] Ubuntu jerkiness

Steve McInerney steve at mcinerney.email
Wed Dec 11 07:00:57 UTC 2019

All good!

And please don't feel stupid!! If you don't know, you don't know Gaining
knowledge is the goal here! Is why I didn't spell out the full answer:
would rather point you in the right direction, help you to learn that
way.

re dying disk, generally I'd start with dmesg and see if you're getting
reports in there - which now I type this, I suspect you are because
that's how you'd know it's dying.

my 1c suggestion, is that the dying disk is locking up the machine as a
whole, hence the perceived slowness. If possible, pull that disk, see if
the slowness persists. Work it from there?

Cheers!

Steve