[clug] Ubuntu jerkiness

Steve McInerney steve at mcinerney.email
Wed Dec 11 06:10:57 UTC 2019

As someone who worked for Canonical for 4.5 years, can I just say that
the "Ubutnut" typo, twice! made me giggle out of all proportion to my
maturity :-)
Brad, Mikal, how often did you guys also typo that one, like that? I'm
half tempted to grep -c my irc logs.... >.<

Most of those are rc, vs ii flagged.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/18804/what-do-the-various-dpkg-flags-like-ii-rc-mean

and yes, I see the same thing on my ubuntu servers, one with 31 entries
like that, one with 110.

re partitioning, I use a single drive LVM for the servers where I run
ubuntu. Anything else is hassle I just dont need. /2c

Cheers!
Steve