[clug] [OT] Optical Fibre reading list & acronym list [LONG]

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Aug 26 23:18:13 UTC 2019

Hi Steve

Thanks for the feedback, it was a good talk and I hope was of interest
to everyone.

==

What you've called the PFS is actually a PFE "Power Feed Equipment",
there's a good video on youtube from PIPE networks about PFE's -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy165USlmoI

==

Dispersion compensation is indeed a difficult subject to explain, as it
relies on a mix of year 10 physics and advanced photonics to fully
understand, but this video does a reasonable job of explaining it for
people who have a passing interest in what it's all about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWaNMjimtP0

regards