[clug] Fwd: Re: Storage and networking for Storage as used for supporting [Enterprise] virtualized environments

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 03:55:15 UTC 2019

Hi George,

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 12:41, George at Clug via linux <
linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> [...]
> WOW, great price
>
> I checked https://www.graysonline.com/search.aspx?q=10Gbps this morning
and no 10Gbps ethernet cards on sale this morning.

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-2177274/computers-and-it-equipment/dell-quad-port-10gbase-t-server-module-hot-swap-4x-10gbase-t-ports?spr=true

> However I had not realised that they can be purchased even from MSY for
less that $200. I might have to get two.
> https://www.msy.com.au/asus-xg-c100c

I haven't used these devices myself, but MikroTik have some affordable, low
density 10GBASE-X switches -- e.g. the CRS305-1G-4S+IN, which seems to be a
desktop / silent device with 4 x 10GBASE-X (SFP+) interfaces; transceivers
req'd.

DuxTel (http://shop.duxtel.com.au) is the local reseller.

See: https://shop.duxtel.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=580

Cheers,