[clug] Cockpit vs Network Manager

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Aug 15 15:25:05 UTC 2019

Hello George

My answer was rushed, and, of course, Cockpit is not a virtualisation
tool, but a management tools.

I've since watched a number of videos on the Red Hat Video channel on
youtube, and whilst one of them does not directly explain how to create
a bridge, there is an option under the network tab to create a bridge.
If you have a VM that you can easily recover from poking and prodding,
you can probably work out how to do it on that.

Keep in mind the bridge that libvirt creates is intended as a NAT
bridge, and thus involves both the bridge, and a dnsmasq instance
attached to it. You'll need to be careful when fiddling with this bridge
that you don't make things worse by attempting to make them better.

I've also found this video regarding managing storage in cockpit -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP8YAHuLc2M