[clug] Hacking/FOSS coding (CPUG) tomorrow: Thurs

Elena Williams ele.wil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 02:07:32 UTC 2019

As I was telling some people at last CLUG: the CPUG team is hoping to run
some hacking nights on the 3nd Thursday of each month (the main motive
force being Zac https://github.com/Zac-HD ).

We're going ahead starting this month:
https://www.meetup.com/Canberra-Python-Meetup-Group/events/263887536/
<https://www.meetup.com/Canberra-Python-Meetup-Group/events/263887536/?> (*
details at end for non-link-clickers).

All CLUG members are welcome.

The room is: 1.33, ground floor, Hannah Neumann #145 (sort of diagonally
adjacent to N101, in the shiny new "barcode"/signals building).

We intend to try and make a song-and-dance of Hacktoberfest if any of the
US mega-corps decide to throw any branding at it again this year (actually
probably if they don't too), so we're starting to generate momentum now.

The theme is python but the spirit is for embetterment of Open Source. Also
reeling in a new generation, which is why the participation of CLUG members
is valuable to help guide the young ones and to give hope to the rest.

---
Elena "not saying python is taking over the world" Williams
Github: elena <http://github.com/elena/>

---
*

August mini-sprint: an evening with open source
elena
<https://www.meetup.com/Canberra-Python-Meetup-Group/events/263887536/attendees/>
Hosted by elena and Zac HD

Thursday, August 15, 2019
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

Hanna Neumann Building, Seminar Room 1.33

145 University Avenue · Canberra
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=-35.275475%2C149.119870>
[image: Location image of event venue]
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=-35.275475%2C149.119870>

Details

CPUG is trying something new!

We have a slack with a dedicated hacking channel:
https://canberrapug.slack.com

Inspired by the "sprints" at Python conferences, we've decided to host an
evening of open source. It will be a relaxed time for the Canberra Python
community to work on open source projects, try out new libraries or share
our love of old ones, and generally hang out while using Python as well as
talking about it. Pythonistas of all experience levels are welcome!

Please bring a laptop, and an idea for a Python project you would like to
work on or topic to learn about. CPUG - thanks to ANU - will provide
tables, chairs, and a few power points. We're working on wifi but if you
have a phone or other hotspot please bring that too!