[clug] Is Virt-manager in Debian 10 missing functionality? - virt-manager has been deprecated

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Tue Aug 13 22:34:46 UTC 2019

Some of the differences was due to Virt-Manager reducing the selection of options to those that best suited the OS that I was installing into the VM.

Another reason could be because "virt-manager has been deprecated", Cockpit is it's replacement.

https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/managing-virtual-machines-rhel-8-web-console
One of the features included with RHEL 8 Beta is the ability to manage virtual machines from the Web Console (also known as Cockpit), and the announcement that virt-manager has been deprecated. The Web Console is intended to become its replacement in a subsequent release. It is recommended that you use the Web Console as your virtual machine graphical management tool.

George.