[clug] USB to RS232 DB9 Adapter

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 9 04:39:47 UTC 2019

Thanks, Brad:

> That looks like you have universe enabled - was
> it recently added?

No to the latter. "Software & Updates" has always had ticked
"Community-maintained free and open-source software (Universe)".

> Have you done an apt update since then?

I've just done that.

> Its a bit
> confusing because the dosbox package is in bionic universe, as can be
> seen at https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/dosbox.

On launching, DOSBox runs the "mount c" command that I'd put in its
config. Saying that "Drive C is mounted as local directory", with the
path of that. But there's no other report, about for example serial1
allocation.

The heart rate monitor's comms software still doesn't see data input
from the Polar Interface box.

My PC has circular DIN ports, labelled for mouse and keyboard.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/