[clug] "League of Entropy" and 'drand' - anyone heard of it, using it?

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Fri Aug 9 00:37:53 UTC 2019

Generating entropy can be difficult on headless systems.  I used to used a debian package that generated entropy from the sound card, I've forgotten its name.

Whatever way you do it, getting entropy from the network is not considered a good idea.  It could be potentially compromised.

If entropy is seriously needed then perhaps you should consider a hardware card.