[clug] USB to RS232 DB9 Adapter

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 7 14:02:34 UTC 2019

Sorry, Steve:

>>> DOSBox is more for old DOS games than running DOS programs, you might
>>> have more luck with DOSEmu.
>>
>> Neither Ubuntu Software nor Synaptic Package Manager list that.
> Did you try a lower case version of the name?

Yes--no good.

> It certainly exists on
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Ubuntu Software lists emu2, which I installed. But launching from the
former--crashed emu2. Also neither Activities GUI nor apropos in
Terminal could find it. So I removed emu2!

> $ sudo apt search dosemu
> Sorting... Done
> Full Text Search... Done
> <snip>
>
> dosemu/xenial 1.4.0.7+20130105+b028d3f-2 amd64
>    DOS Emulator for Linux

That only gave this.

{
console-cyrillic/bionic,bionic 0.9-17 all
   Cyrillic fonts and keyboard layouts for Linux console

xfonts-terminus-dos/bionic,bionic 4.40-2 all
   Fixed-width fonts for DOS encodings
}

> A google for 'Ubuntu 18.04 DOSemu' suggests it also exists on later
> versions.

I was out of luck.

In Ubuntu Software, I searched for "DOS emulator".
Getting this list:
	* dosbox-jz;
	* emu2;
	* jindosbox;