[clug] USB to RS232 DB9 Adapter

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 7 03:06:36 UTC 2019

Dear George:

> I am now considering picking up one of these devices while they are still on the market.

Jaycar 2019 catalogue lists data converters and adaptors on page 302.
These include two USB to RS-232 converters. There are also a USB port to
RS-485/422 converter, and a USB to parallel bi-directional cable.
Lastly is a serial to Ethernet connector.

> Though I once used serial communications a lot, for many years now I have no need to do so.
>
> I wonder what kind of devices exist today (i.e. that I might have) that I could connect to?

My old heart rate monitor sends data via a serial receiver box.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/