[clug] Linux Resources

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Aug 4 13:57:32 UTC 2019

On 3/8/19 6:59 pm, George at Clug via linux wrote:
> Sadly during my working career whenever I used linux I only learned
> what I needed to get whatever-it-was-at-the-time to work.  Now I
> would like to learn more in-depth.
>

> For me, I have found I learn best from video training/tutorials. That
> is a) video tutorials taking me through the process, then b) following
> the video to build/implement the lesson.
>

> While google searches have solved 80% of my issues, if not more,
> searching the Internet returns old and potentially dangerous
> suggestions. Use at your own peril if you are unable to test first.

have you looked at sites like Udemy and Coursera? They are constantly
having sales on their courses, often with some quite hefty discounts
applied. There's some good discounts now (Sunday night) on a number of
linux courses.

Once you buy the course, you've got it "for life", so you can go back
and pick bits up again, or pause and come back later (ie - they're not
DRM'd while they're on the site).