[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 07:43:29 UTC 2018

On 02/09/18 13:03, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:
> Thanks, Scott:
>
>> Or....
>> gpasswd -a <username> cdrom
>
> As I have been trying to explain, my username cannot use sudo!
> {gpasswd: Permission denied.}

Odd, by default, on Ubuntu, members of the sudo group have sudo
privileges. And by default, all users are members of the sudo group....

To diagnose the problem preparatory to fixing it, please post the output
of the following command (run as brian, or whatever your username is):-

su -c "grep '^[^#]' /etc/sudoers"

Kind regards