[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 1 04:13:17 UTC 2018

Thanks, Randall:

> But for a nice easy way to write your backups to CD I suggest
> installing K3B and using it to write your CDs.
I used Synaptic Package Manager to install K3B.
Which gave the following errors:
	* cdrecord has no permission to open the device; and
	* modify device settings in K3B to solve this problem.

Debugging output said this.
{cdrecord
-----------------------
/usr/bin/wodim: Operation not permitted. Warning: Cannot raise
RLIMIT_MEMLOCK limits.
/usr/bin/wodim: Resource temporarily unavailable. Cannot get mmap for
12587008 Bytes on /dev/zero.
TOC Type: 3 = CD-ROM XA mode 2}

So from the Settings menu, I chose "Configure K3b...". From Programs, I
selected the Permissions tab.
Which said this:
	* The Permissions helper was not enabled during build; and
	* Check the programs whose permissions should be changed.
Listing thus.
Program			Permissions	New permissions
/usr/bin/cdrdao		0755 root.root	4711 root.root
/usr/bin/wodim		0755 root.root	4711 root.root
/usr/bin/growisofs	0755 root.root	no change
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/