[clug] [OT] Video converter

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 13 11:18:10 UTC 2018

Thanks, George:

> I do not have a lot of experience with video, though I do use OpenShot
> for video editing.

I queried "convert video" in Synaptic Package Manager. Which result
mentioned handbrake and winff (using ffmpeg).

> I believe that ffmpeg is a commonly used video converter. It is a
> command line utility, I think.

I searched Ubuntu Software for "convert video". Taking note of
handbrake-jz and FFmpeg. The former had a GUI. Whereas the latter
screenshot showed a command line shell. So I installed handbrake-jz.

I found using it quirky, but it worked! The result is here, under the
heading "Video".
http://members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/art/index.html

--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/