[clug] Possible? LGPL header only C library

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 00:27:44 UTC 2018

So I've got various pieces of junk code written in C. Nowadays with static
inline functions frequently you can stick the whole thing in a header and
sidestep buildsystem issues. Whatever the project is, whatever build system
it's using, include the header and go.

Say there was something I wanted to publish  (ccan style) and I like the
LGPLv3 - keep my code open, if you use my code, choose your own license for
your code that uses it, change my code? Publish those changes.

Can that be a thing with a header only code as you're not linking against a
library? #include copies the entire library source into the code that uses
it. Eh.

The time /I/ want to spend thinking about this is quite limited so please
don't waste yours. Just if someone has a link or has looked at this
previously and can share it that'd be great.

Cheers.