[clug] [OT] Bézier curve

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Tue May 29 11:25:10 UTC 2018

Thanks, Hugh:

>> I guess I need practice. Can you recommend a Web resource? Here is the Lines
>> and Curves tool.
>
> I'm familiar with the Adobe Illustrator pen tool, and it appears that
> the MyPaint people have done something a bit different.

I have just made an abstract painting, exclusively using Bézier curves!

> In particular, MyPaint doesn't show the handles
> (AKA control points).

I think it's basic/cut-down/unsophisticated. Here is a tutorial.
https://youtu.be/9DjcVufEwJU

> However, most people learn to use these curve tools by tracing over an existing
> drawing.

I suppose that I could print some found curvy image, and stick that to
my graphics tablet.

> Assuming MyPaint lets you bring in an existing image as as base layer
> of some sort, pick something with lots of curvy lines and try to match them.

I think that I am too tired tonight to learn using layers. There's lots
to learn!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/