[clug] [OT] Bézier curve

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Tue May 29 10:08:39 UTC 2018

Thanks, Scott:

> They are useful when you want to select an area that's not a
> square/rectangle, or a circle/oval - or to create a curved (or
> serpentine) "path" that text (or effects/filters) can be applied to.

Please refer me to a Web resource on employing such techniques.

> Example: to create a curved arrow for documentation, I add a transparent
> layer, then create a curved line on that layer using a Bézier curve,
> then "stroke" the line.

I haven't tried using layers!

{The Layers dockpanel is used for organizing files into layers and
groups of layers. It can be opened from the main application menu
(Window → Layers Panel), or by clicking its icon on the toolbar.}

https://github.com/mypaint/mypaint/wiki/v1.2-Layers-Panel

> This results in a much smoother curved arrow
> than by just hand drawing one.

I learned using traditional physical art tools. Please suggest a Web
resource on using software to make art.

> You may find the GIMP guide to creating them useful (or not, depending
> on how MyPaint allows you to manipulate them - I've never used MyPaint).
I recently bought a Wacom graphics tablet. Then I looked for software to
use with it. Ubuntu Software and Synaptic Package Manager both listed
MyPaint.

MyPaint wiki home is here.
https://github.com/mypaint/mypaint/wiki
--