[clug] May 2018 CLUG Meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri May 18 04:00:01 UTC 2018

Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - May 2018

 Date:          24th May 2018 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

 Time:         18:00 - 18:55

 Abstract:     It's BeerSIG time!
               'What's BeerSIG?' I hear you ask! BeerSIG is a social
               gathering, and an opportunity to get together with
               like minded people and share a social pint.

 Location:     Wig and Pen, Llewellyn Hall, Canberra School of Music
               Look for the table with a stuffed toy penguin

Time:          19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Title:         Image Workflow Tools - Dennis Lovatt

               Dennis will give a brief overview of the various FOSS Post
               image processing tools, such as Digikam, Darktable and GIMP.
               The talk will aim more to the LINUX side of things, my
               workflow, and the mechanics of it, rather than processing
               images. Topics would include Snap, APPIMAGE, FLATPAK,
               SQLlite, Rsync, LUA, OpenCL etc.

 Venue:        Room N101
               Computer Science and Information Technology Building
               North Road
               The Australian National University

               See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

 Food/drink:   Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
               about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
               want some.

June Meeting - 28th June 2018 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Talk topic to be announced.