[clug] Updated version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Fri May 11 07:15:24 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-05-11 at 13:18 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Thanks Duncan:
>
>  >> It is supposed to be using $VICI/src/persist/vici-dev.xml.
>  >> This has all the plug-in stuff for testing.
>
>  > I changed $VICI: export VICI=$PWD. This is contrary to the pdf,
>  > but seems to work still, and now uses the right config.
>
> The documentation needs to match the test result.
> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

The user guide has been updated to try to remove the source of confusion
that produced this problem.

I am currently trying to update the build process to make it more like
what is normally expected - ./configure; make; make install
However, as always seems to be the case, what is simpler for the user is
more difficult for the developer.
Much fun is being had trying to persuade configure and make to generate
the configuration file that VICI programs expect.

Brenton