[clug] Updated version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Sat May 5 02:57:30 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-05-05 at 11:32 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Dear Brenton:
>
> > You do realise that VICI has 14 sub-projects, 8 of which have
> > significant tests ?
> Your public can't know what you haven't published. Document knowledge
> you want us to have!

Bryan,
This was in the context of a technical discussion about building VICI.
In that context I think it reasonable that some examination of the src
directory and the configuration scripts might have been made. While it
should not be required information in the normal case (such as for
yourself) it is available to anyone trying to debug build issues.

> > There is
> > still another round of development necessary before users should be let
> > loose on it.
> Market research is asking us what we want!--

I've been involved in software development for a very long time. I know
from bitter experience that there is almost no point in asking users
what they want unless they have something concrete in front of them.
Once we have a version of VICI that works (and does what I want - it is,
after all, my itch that I am scratching) we can ask others what they
would like added or changed.

Brenton