[clug] Updated version of VICI

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu May 3 05:28:32 UTC 2018

On 03/05/18 15:19, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

>> Sadly I have to recommend that unless you are using Scientific Linux or
>> CentOS or RHEL there is not much point in proceeding.
>
> Learn the new version, and translate your code.

Doing this would then close the project off to the various Enterprise
Linux releases, which are often used by researchers, students, etc.
These releases have their versions pinned to maintain the ABI across
releases, so just blanket upgrading libraries and packages will not end
well.

Brenton:
I applaud your tenacity with this. It's often not easy to try to tick
all the boxes for everyone with a solo effort, so congratulations for
getting out there and actually giving it a go.