[clug] Updated version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Thu May 3 04:20:18 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 01:31 +1000, Duncan Roe via linux wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 02:11:21PM +1000, linux wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just uploaded vici-0.10.683 to SourceForge
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocratato-vici/
> >
> > The problem that seemed to be tripping up Debian based systems was that
> > I was including libXmu as a dependency.
> > However this hasn't really been required for Xorg stuff for a very long
> > time.
> > Thanks to Owen for providing the config.log that helped identify this
> > problem.
> >
> > Thanks also to Duncan Roe for his report on Slackware.
> > I have adjusted things to include the C++11 flags during the configure.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Brenton
> >
> ./configure runs to completion now thanks

Hi

It appears that building VICI is still nearly impossible.
Bob has discovered that the recent version of Lua is incompatible.

Sadly I have to recommend that unless you are using Scientific Linux or
CentOS or RHEL there is not much point in proceeding.

Thanks very much for the efforts in trying this. We have made
significant progress, but it appears there is still quite a bit to do.

Cheers
Brenton