[clug] Updated version of VICI

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed May 2 04:30:30 UTC 2018

On 02/05/18 14:11, Brenton Ross via linux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just uploaded vici-0.10.683 to SourceForge
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocratato-vici/
>
> The problem that seemed to be tripping up Debian based systems was that
> I was including libXmu as a dependency.
> However this hasn't really been required for Xorg stuff for a very long
> time.
> Thanks to Owen for providing the config.log that helped identify this
> problem.
>
> Thanks also to Duncan Roe for his report on Slackware.
> I have adjusted things to include the C++11 flags during the configure.
>
> Cheers
> Brenton

Hi Brenton,

I am seeing exactly the same error with .683:

bob at vici:~/build/vici$ ../../vici-0.10/configure --prefix=$VICI
-with-lua-pkg=lua53
checking does moc work?... yes
checking can I compile moc_myqt.cpp?... yes
checking can I compile myqt.cpp?... yes
checking can I link against QT?... configure: error: couldn't link
configure: error: ../../../../vici-0.10/src/gth/configure failed for src/gth
bob at vici:~/build/vici$

It could be that I am missing something in my packages. I am building
on a _very_ bare Debian Stretch only installing the packages that
VICI needs to compile (and xterm and xauth, to verify that X over SSH
is working OK).

I can send you the contents of src/gth/config.log, if you want, off
list (too big otherwise).

cheers,

Bob Edwards.