[clug] Latest version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Tue May 1 08:45:30 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 18:01 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Brenton:
>
> > It appears that Debian based systems have the Qt libraries installed in
> > the standard location for most libraries which means the -L option
> > should not be required, but for some reason the linker cannot find them.
>
> That is a very long list of distributions! I mean it's important to get
> this right.
>
> {Debian is a distribution that emphasizes free software. It supports
> many hardware platforms. Debian and distributions based on it use the
> .deb package format and the dpkg package manager and its frontends.}
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions#Debian-based
> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

Bryan,

For the next phase of VICI's development I am thinking of setting up a
test lab.
Using virtual machines I will test against Scientific Linux (proxy for
RHEL), Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Suse, Slackware, Arch, Manjaro and
Bodhi.

On each of these I will need to try the available desktop environments:
Unity (?), Gnome, Cinnamon, KDE, Enlightenment, XFCE, Mate, LXDE/LXQt

There is also the problem of Xorg and Wayland.

Fortunately VICI can be tested automatically including GUI operations.

Brenton