[clug] Latest version of VICI

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue May 1 06:45:27 UTC 2018

On 30/04/18 15:17, Brenton Ross via linux wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-04-29 at 18:05 +1000, Brenton Ross via linux wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2018-04-26 at 22:19 +1000, Brenton Ross via linux wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For those that are interested, today I have placed the latest version of
>>> VICI onto SourceForge:
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocratato-vici/
>>>
>>> Brenton
>>>

>> OK, Take 2.
>>
>> I have modified the way the build looks for Qt files so that there is
>> now a better chance of it building on various distributions.
>>
>> Thanks very much to those that tried and failed on the previous version
>> - it provided useful information.
>>
>> Brenton
>>

> Hmm, apparently that also has a problem. Thanks to Owen for testing and
> reporting the problem.
> I have uploaded a fixed version vici-0.10.682
>
> Brenton

Hi Brenton,

I have finally gotten around to looking at VICI (again - I last had
a look around 3 or 4 years ago...).

I am building it in a Debian Stretch container, following much of your
README (from vici-0.10.682).

My command is:
bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$ ../configure --prefix=$VICI -with-lua-pkg=lua53
checking does moc work?... yes
checking can I compile moc_myqt.cpp?... yes
checking can I compile myqt.cpp?... yes
checking can I link against QT?... configure: error: couldn't link
configure: error: ../../../src/gth/configure failed for src/gth
bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$

Looks like it can't find QT, but I am not sure what part of QT it is
looking for (ie. can it tell me what test actually failed?).

Any tips?

cheers,

Bob Edwards.