[clug] IBM Works for OS/2 Word Processor file

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 18 04:47:09 UTC 2018

Yes, Stephen:

> What does google tell you (because, to be honest, that's where most of us
> will go 1st when attempting to answer your question)?

I did lots of such searching--without effective success!

{The lwp file extension is associated with IBM Works, an office suite
for the IBM OS/2 operating system. It included word processing,
spreadsheet, database and PIM applications.

The last version was shipped with OS/2 Warp Version 4.

The lwp files contain documents created in the application.

This lwp file type entry was marked as obsolete and no longer supported
file format.

This type of file is no longer actively used and is most likely
obsolete. This is typically the case for system files in old operating
systems, file types from long discontinued software, or previous
versions of certain file types (like documents, projects etc.) that were
replaced in higher versions of their original programs.}

https://www.file-extensions.org/lwp-file-extension-ibm-works-for-os-2-document

--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/