[clug] IBM Works for OS/2 Word Processor file

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Mar 17 21:33:26 UTC 2018

On 18/03/18 00:19, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:
> I have archived documents. That I had created twenty years ago, on a PC was running OS/2. Whose word processor made ".LWP" files.
>
> LibreOffice Writer opens them--showing gibberish in the text!
>
> How might I convert or better open them?

A simple search finds recommendations to try kvlotus.exe and following some
leads here:

If this is a WordPro file then the 'net suggests to try
	ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/Kvlotus.exe
but you need a Windows 32bit system to run it (or so the comments say).

[I know, not a linux kind of answer]

Another suggestion raised, if one is not paranoid, is to use a web converter like
	http://www.fileminx.com/

Full disclosure: I tried none of the above, take your chances.

HTH

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)