[clug] Microsoft Has Acquired GitHub

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 05:21:56 UTC 2018

On 09/06/18 14:28, George at Clug via linux wrote:
> ; )
>

> On Thursday, 07-06-2018 at 21:27 Tony Marzano wrote:
>

> George,
> This topic of conversation reminds me of this story
>
> http://hoaxes.org/archive/permalink/microsoft_buys_the_catholic_church/
>
> I know it's off topic but I hope that people on the CLUG list find
> this blast from the past amusing.
>
> Tony
>

> -------------------------

And the more money they make, the more they are driven to make even more
when reinvesting the initial profits (thus becoming even more evil)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_stagnation_theory

> Leopards and spots [2]...
>

> https://www.salon.com/2014/02/23/worse_than_wal_mart_amazons_sick_brutality_and_secret_history_of_ruthlessly_intimidating_workers/
>

> http://www.dw.com/en/amazon-criticized-over-temp-workers-in-germany/a-16604526
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/19/technology/h-1b-visas-tech-hiring/index.html
>

> https://www.crn.com.au/news/microsoft-google-amazon-facebook-apple-and-ibm-challenge-trump-on-immigration-476685
>

> https://www.recode.net/2018/1/23/16919424/apple-amazon-facebook-google-uber-trump-white-house-lobbying-immigration-russia
>

> Make what you want of the above articles...
>

> George.
>

> On Wednesday, 06-06-2018 at 20:53 George at Clug wrote:

<snipped>

Kind regards

--
    A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    A: The lost context.
    Q: What makes top-posted replies harder to read than bottom-posted?

    A: Yes.
    Q: Should I trim down the quoted part of an email to which I'm reply

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html