[clug] Microsoft Has Acquired GitHub

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 05:17:41 UTC 2018

On 07/06/18 10:50, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:
> On 07/06/18 10:43, Scott Ferguson via linux wrote:
>> Self-hosting an alternative is of interest to me - *especially one that
>> supports Clavis-ci* (so far I've yet to find one).
>
> Travis-ci?
:)
Yes.

> Bob Edwards.

The best ci for Gogs seems to Drone, I'm sure Drone used to be
stand-alone, but it only seems to be available as a Docker image - which
defeats the purpose of choosing Gogs over GitLab in the first place
(it's very lightweight).

I'm not really fussed about the ci, but it's handy to have Travis
support when forking from projects that already use it - then I can
publish the results in the project index page (which supports Travis
hooks). I think I'll move to Gogs, and mirror to GitHub for the time being.

It'll be interesting to see the effects of the MS purchase. More MS
developers being introduced to FOSS... more FOSS developers moving to
other Git platforms.

Kind regards