[clug] Debian WiFi driver

Anestis Kozakis kenosti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:38:58 UTC 2018

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 at 21:07, Tony Marzano via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I recently installed Debian 9 on a computer. The installation went well
> except there was no WiFi driver installed.
>
> I couldn't find a way through the BIOS or through Debian to identify the
> WiFi specs.
>
> The computer is a HP HP Stream Laptop 11-y0XX.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Hi Tony,

I ahd this issue recently with a Dell Precision 5510 laptop and Linux Mint.

Turned out that the laptop didn't actually have a Wireless card installed.
Dell fixed that pronto by installing one.

Anestis.
Anestis Kozakis | kenosti at gmail.com
- "In Numenera, players are not rewarded for slaying foes in combat, so
using a smart idea to avoid combat and still succeed is just good play.
Likewise, coming up with an idea to defeat a foe without hammering on it
with weapons is encouraged - creativity is not cheating!"
- Numenera Core RuleBook - Page 102