[clug] Microsoft Has Acquired GitHub

Brad Marshall brad.marshall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:00:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 at 09:50 Bob Edwards via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> Sounds a bit census'esque - except the census people had 5 years to
> prepare whereas Gitlab had almost no notice of the M$ buyout of GitHub.
>
> Good on them for getting their act together so quickly.

Its funny watching all these people run away from Github to Gitlab because
of Microsoft, when hosted Gitlab is currently running on Azure.  They are
moving to Google Compute, but still, its money to Microsoft.

Not that I really see any problems with it, GitHub is going from being
owned by a for profit company with a non open sourced product to ... being
owned by a for profit company with a non open sourced product.

Thanks,
Brad