[clug] usb read only

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 21:45:31 UTC 2018

On 6/12/18 11:18 pm, Branimir Topic via linux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone had any experience with a read only error when attempting to repartition Windows10 bootable usb?
>
> Cheers
> Bran

Hmmm - not sure what your use case is, but it looks a little like
Windows - not really a normal topic of discussion for a Linux
users group mailing list...

Having said that, I normally wouldn't bother re-partitioning
USB devices (assuming we're talking about a <$30 flash drive).
I'd just partition up a new one the way I wanted it and copy
over the stuff from the old one. Then re-purpose the old one
for some fancy new project, or throw it out if it is faulty.

cheers,

Bob Edwards.